Pagan Medicine: Then and Now
A time will come when our children's children will look back upon the age of "modern" medicine of the 21st century as paganistic witchcraft, foisted upon ignorant masses of people. May God rightly judge those who corrupted His ministry of healing and killed His children.
When one compares today's modern medicine with that of the medicine practiced by ancient Egyptians, a remarkable similarity unfolds.
The Egyptian Papyri, discovered in Thebes about 1862, furnish medical prescriptions issued in Egypt about 1552 B.C. Listed among the ingredients are
For example, to cure embedded splinters, worms' blood and asses' dung were applied. Such a practice had to result in a heavy toll of death from lockjaw, since dung is loaded with tetanus spores. (2)
By Contrast, the neighboring nation of Israel enjoyed relatively good health. Their nation was a Theocracy (ruled by God). God promised the Israelites they would not suffer any of the diseases that afflicted the Egyptians, if they observed His commandments.(3)
In light of the fact that Moses was instructed in all the wisdom of the Egyptians (Acts 7:22), it is amazing none of the Egyptian treatments for illness show up in the Pentateuch. (4) And there is good reason. The health laws God laid down to the Israelites, i.e. sanitary disposal of excrement, washing and use of running water, isolation and quarantine, dietary regulations, cleansing after touching the dead, have all stood the test of time.
However, when tomorrow's historians investigate the written modern medicine medical record of the 21st century, what will they find? They will find medicinal ingredients, not unlike that of the ancient Egyptians.
-Pus from sores of diseased animals
The record will also reveal these "modern medicines" had about the same results as the ancient Egyptians, and did nothing to advance healing. As a matter of fact, they will learn the use of these substances advanced disease at the expense of untold human suffering and death. (5,6)
Fortunately, not every modern day physician subscribes to modern day pagan medicine. Dr. Robert Mendelsohn, M.D., an ardent foe of modern medicine wrote;
"I no longer believe in modern medicine. I believe that despite all the super technology and elite bedside manner, the greatest danger to your health is the doctor who practices modern medicine. I believe that Modern Medicine's treatments for disease are seldom effective, and that they're often more dangerous than the disease they're designed to treat." - Dr. Robert Mendelsohn, M.D.
When you consider the modern day medicine apparatus is directly responsible for one of every three deaths, (7) Dr. Mendelsohn is right.
I believe there are others, men and women like Dr. Mendelsohn who will rise up to restore dignity, honor and holiness to the ministry of healing. They will rise up and overthrow the pagan form of medicine we know today as modern medicine.
I believe a time will come when our children's children will look back upon the age of "modern medicine" of the 21st century as paganistic witchcraft, foisted upon an ignorant peolpe. May God rightly judge those who corrupted His ministry of healing and killed His children.
1. S.I. McMillen, None of These Diseases, 1963, 11-24
2. Ibid #1
3. Exodus 15:26
4. The first five books of the Hebrew Bible; Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy. In the Jewish tradition these are the Torah, the law of the covenant.
5. Diseases caused by medications include collagen vascular disease produced by blood pressure medications, and Cushing's syndrome produced by prolonged cortico-steroid use. The New England Journal of Medicine has published several studies linking cancer chemotherapy to the later appearance of new malignancies. New England Journal of Medicine. 1990; 322: 1-6
6. Parkinsonism is caused by the neurological side effects of anti-depressants or anti-psychotic medication. A Harvard Medical School study showed that drugs were the real cause of the original symptoms in 37 per cent of elderly patients who were treated for Parkinson's disease. L-dopa, the medication used in treating these patients has its own severe side effects, that often require the use of additional drugs to control., American Journal of Medicine. 1995; 99: 48-54
7. Journal of American Medical Association (JAMA), Vol. 284, July 26, 2000
Jim Lynn is the author of The Miracle of Healing in Your Church Today: http://godshealingword.org
Warning: fopen(http://news.google.com/news?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2005-22,GGLG:en&q=Medicine&output=rss) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Network is unreachable in /srv/disk1/medicineinfo/www/medicineinfo.awardspace.com/inc/rss.inc on line 81
could not open XML input